Calaguas Islands is increasingly becoming a favorite backpacker destination. Located in the northern most tip of Bicol, this particular beautiful beach is most likely one of the best for Barkada location in this part of Luzon.
Mahabang Buhangin with Calaguas Island (photo courtesy of Wikipedia)
Calaguas is a group of countries that includes Tinaga Island as well as Guintinua Island, there are minor islands like Maculabo Isle and other minor countries.?In Tinaga Island, you can find the famous Mahabang Buhangin (Prolonged Beach) or Halabang Baybay with Bicolano. If you are looking for a ideal camp site or a perfect white sand seaside, you will surely enjoy Mahabang Buhangin.
Birds eyeview of Mahabang Buhangin (photo courtesy of Oliver Bautista)
If you are planning a trip to Calaguas Islands and you’re looking for travel tips, sample itinerary, travelling guide and inn recommendation then you just found the right page. This article aims to provide by far the most detailed Calaguas Islands Traveling Guide to help you get ready for your future check out in this beautiful number of islands.
Calm Waters in Mahabang Buhangin (photo courtesy of Oliver Bautista)
Where in order to Stay
There are no hotels throughout Calaguas except Cottages. In case you are more adventurous, you may choose to camp out and about. If you do not have a tent, you can ask this locals or your boatmen where you could rent a outdoor tents. Each tent is generally good for up to Five individuals and it is typically rented at More than two hundred – 400 pesos per night plus a camping fee connected with 100 pesos per individual.
Clear Waters in Calaguas Islands (photo courtesy of Oliver Bautista)
Where for you to Eat
There are Sari-sari stores in some parts of the island but they also dont sell hot meals. There are homes where you can ask in order to smoke your meals but I imagine its more exciting if you will cook your own dishes so make sure to provide enough drinking water, foodstuff and booze. You will find some fishermen selling their fresh get every morning or in the time. There is also a small talipapa (current market) in Brgy. Mangcawayan where you can purchase fish. If you dont possess cooking utensils, inquire your boatmen, some of them will you borrow their preparing pan, plates and many others.
Sample Calaguas 3 days 2 night time Itinerary
9:00PM – ETD daet
07:00AM : ETA Daet/ Breakfast
08:00AM – ETD with regard to Calaguas Island
10:00AM – ETA Calaguas Island/ arranged camp explore
12:00 NN- Lunch
01:00PM – Siesta/ swimming/ explore/ photograph happy campers
06:00PM – Dinner
07:00PM – Socials
Twelve:00PM – Lights out
06:00AM – Wakeup call
07:00AM * Breakfast
09:00AM – Plan Island Hopping (unique pax Acct)
12:00NN – Time for camp site
01:00pm : Late lunch
04:00pm : Explore the beach
05:00 PM – Rest
06:00 PM — Dinner
06:00AM – Wakeup call
07:00AM – Breakfast
09:00AM ( space ) Break Camp
10:00AM – ETD Calaguas – Daet
12:00NN ( space ) ETD Daet
01:00PM – Late Lunch
02:00PM – Surfing Bgasbas
05:00 Pm – Rest
06:00 PM – Dinner
2009:00 PM – ETD Daet – Manila
Things to accomplish in Calaguas
- Playing Frisbee, Volleyball
- Diving along with Snorkeling
- Nighlife via Mobile Bars
- Island Hopping
- Visit Pulang Daga Seashore in Paracale
- Take a short stroll to get a nice parrots eyeview of the island
- Bring insect repellants
- Bring enough food and drinking water
- Bring Rice
- Learn Surfing in Bagasbas
- Bring firstaid kit
- Bring Dry Bags
- Bring Power Banks for your Mobile Phones
- Bring FlashLight
- Bring Additional Battery for your Camera
- Get this 9pm Bus trip that you can arrive in Calaguas before lunch time time
How To Get There
Getting to Daet via Manila
Take Bus to help Daet Camarines Sur or Paracale if you need to use that route. Transport Terminals to help Daet are available in Cubao and Pasay. Journey time is approximately Six to eight hours depending on the targeted visitors.
Take a Philtranco bus coming from Pasay/EDSA or Cubao/EDSA. There are non-aircon coach if you want to save more upon transportation. There are normal Airconditioned bus and luxurious airconditioned Bus with Restroom inside this bus.
DLTB, Isarog Bus Lines, Penafrancia Vacation and Tours in addition to Superlines are also offering outings from Cubao/Pasay to Daet. SuperLines inside Cubao offers a direct trip to Paracale (Contact Number: +632 414-3321 / +632 414-3319)
PHILTRANCO Pasay Key Office: (02) 851-8077-79 Cubao Terminal: (02) 722-7567
You can easily reach Daet via Naga Town airport. Philippine Air carriers and Cebu Pacific offers regular flights for you to Naga City. From the air port, it will takes Two hours for you to reach Daet.
How to achieve Calaguas via Vinzons
- From Daet, catch a jeepney to Minaogan fishport in Vinzons.
- From the fishport, take the boat planning to Barangay Banocboc (usually leaves 10-11am).
- From Brgy Banocboc, you may hire an outrigger vessel or a small fishing boat going to Mahabang Buhangin.
- If you are using a group of 5 or higher, you can hire a good outrigger boat from Vinsons Fishport that may take you directly to Tinaga Isle.
- Travel time to Tinaga Island by Vinsons Fishport is approximately 2 hours.
How to reach Calaguas via Paracale
- From Daet, take community van or coach to Paracale (1 hour).
- From Paracale get yourself a Tricycle to the seafood port.
- Hire a boat (P2,1,000 – P2,500) to Halabang Baybay or Mahabang Buhangin.
- Travel time from Paracale in order to Mahabang Buhangin is approximately 2-2.5 hrs.
Travel Blog Topics:
- calaguas review 2015
- philippines daet vinson